Tuesday 9 May 2017

Some Tips & Tricks for working with Play Dough CP Soap




Some Tips & Tricks 
for working with 
Play Dough CP Soap



I would take the fresh/soft soap from each batch and play with it to see if I could make
soap balls for embeds and roses.


Then I started trying to make Soap Roses by Hand.

Some of my first Roses & Soap Balls


Put my soap Balls on top of my soap




With practise I was able to make what I thought was a better recipe for making Roses



I kept notes as to how different recipes would allow for not lumps and not too sticky.
Through this process I learned tips & tricks that started to make the Fresh/Soft Soap that played nice constantly. The recipe I pinned on the group page is just a guideline of one recipe that works well for Play Dough CP Soap.



I would suggest trying your fresh soap and finding out if the soap is soft enough to make your own Play Dough Soap recipe.


Things I noticed:
1) EO’s dough tend to be sticky. I started to use FO’s and I was happier with the consistency.


2) When I cut off the top and the dry edges I had least lumps to break down


3) Corn Starch is great for working with sticky soap


4) When I wipe my hands with a damp cloth to clean them and then handle the soap it smoothed out the surface of my project that I was working on.


5) If I wrapped the soap and keep the air off of it, it was soft the next day. Over time I learned that it stay soft for a very long time.


6) I could use a brush and a little water to clean off the surface of my project of the corn starch that I had use


7) When attaching pieces of soap I could use water.


I use Soap Calc to create my recipes: Soap Calc: http://soapcalc.net/calc/soapcalcwp.asp


No comments:

Post a Comment